The Hair test will verify if a person has been abstinent from alcohol; or if they have been consuming alcohol that has not been at a chronic excessive level.
Hair testing is a requirement in many legal cases and can also be used for personal information.
We are able to indicate the level of alcohol use for up to 6 months with the Hair test, this can be to provide evidence of abstinence or show that alcohol is not being abused.
Body hair from certain areas can be used if the head hair available is not sufficient for the required analysis, please be aware that body hair will show an increased time period when compared to head hair.
The Hair Alcohol test used in combination with the Blood Alcohol test is used for a variety of civil or legal sectors (e.g. Social Services) along with private individuals to determine alcohol intake or evidence of abstinence.
For commercial Alcohol Testing, Crystal Health recommend the Breath Alcohol test.
The legal sector and Individuals choose the Hair test option as it provides the following benefits:
- UKAS 17025 Accredited Hair Alcohol test
- Provides the most accurate longer term analysis of an individual’s alcohol intake when used in combination with the Blood Alcohol test
- Discounted cost when ordered with the Blood Alcohol test
- An Expert Witness Statement can be provided at an additional cost to provide further understanding of the laboratory test report
There are many benefits in using the Hair alcohol test, however there are limitations that must be taken into consideration before deciding if this is the correct test for your circumstances.
- The correct hair type and length must be available for the analysis required
- A court may require a Blood Alcohol test to be performed in combination with this test to provide a more accurate analysis of alcohol consumption