Hair Drug testing is commonly used in the following circumstances:
- Social Service matters
- Family Court matters
- Spiking Incidents
- Evidence of abstinence
The Hair Drug Test is ideally suited to the above circumstances, as it offers a longer and more accurate detection window than Urine and Saliva drug testing. If you do require an analysis that covers a short time period of detection e.g. up to 1 week, you may wish to consider the following alternative tests:
- Oral Fluid Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Drug Test
- Urine Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Drug Test
If required, additional hair samples can be taken to accommodate a request for a drug and alcohol test. A Hair Alcohol test can be used in conjunction with the Blood Alcohol test to ensure the most accurate picture of alcohol intake is provided.
The test can also be used for commercial purposes, for specialist agencies or in circumstances that require evidence of abstinence or to challenge positive urine drug test results for Industrial Tribunals.
Choosing the Hair Drug Test provides the following benefits:
- UKAS 17025 Accredited Hair Drug test
- Provides the most accurate long-term analysis of an individual’s drug use
- An Expert Witness Statement can be provided at an additional cost, to provide further understanding of the laboratory test report, especially for court cases
- All administration including the test results process is performed in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 14001.
There are many benefits in using the Hair Test, however there are limitations that must be taken into consideration before deciding if this is the correct test for your circumstances.
- The test may not pick up one of uses of drugs
- Certain hair treatments may reduce the level of the drugs detected