We recommend this test for circumstances in which a short detection window for the presence of drugs applies and secure toilet facilities are not available. It is a legally defensible test for Court and Industrial Tribunals.
The Oral Fluid Laboratory test can be used for a variety of reasons including workplace drug testing, or private individuals may wish to utilise this service to monitor drug use or prove abstinence.
The Oral Fluid Laboratory test option provides the following benefits:
- UKAS 17025 Accredited drug testing
- Special secure facilities are not required for sample collection, unlike urine testing
- Suitable for mass screening of workforce
- The entire sample collection process is observed and is therefore extremely difficult to cheat
- Short detection window which will only include recent use or impairment at work
- Less delays during sample collection when compared with urine testing
There are many benefits in using the Oral Fluid Laboratory Test. However, there are limitations that must be taken into consideration before deciding if this is the correct test for your circumstances.
- Detection window; If you require evidence of longer term drug use, Urine Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Drug Testing or Hair Drug Testing may be more appropriate for your needs.
- If you require a larger number of drugs to be tested, the Urine Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Test may be more suitable.