- Hair drug testing is usually required for court and legal matters to prove abstinence.
- As a result, laboratory reports from this drug test are court admissible.
- Furthermore, it has an effective drug detection window depending on the length of hair available. As such, it can provide details of historic drug use.
- Hair drug testing is a popular choice for family court and legal matters.
- All administration processes certified to ISO 9001, 14001 and 27001.
- UKAS 17025 ISO accredited laboratory testing.
- Test results in just 3 working days.
- Competitive costs from only £190.
- Both on-site and off-site sample collection available.
Please see below for more detailed information about hair drug testing. Alternatively, please call 0800 988 7107 to speak to a Clinical Advisor.
How does Hair Drug Testing work
After taking a drug, it enters a person’s bloodstream. Next, the drug transfers to the hair follicle, and into the hair strand. As a result, the drug becomes trapped in the hair strand. As the hair strand grows, the drug will move further away from the scalp. Over time, it gets washed away, is cut off or falls out.
We can include many different drug groups in the analysis. These include:
- Methamphetamines (including Ecstasy)
- Cannabis, Cocaine
Hair Drug Test Time-frames
The Hair Drug Test can detect drugs for a period of up to 12 months. But this does depend on the length of hair that the sample donor has available. For instance, 1 cm of head hair will show approximately one month of use.
If no head hair is available, we can test body hair from some areas. The period shown by 1 cm of body hair is approximately 2 to 3 times longer than 1 cm of head hair.
We take in to consideration the time it takes for a drug to move from the blood to the hair follicle. On average, it takes a drug 7 to 10 days to break down in the body and move into the hair strand.
Once the drug has moved from the blood into the hair strand, we can detect it using hair drug testing. Also, we can segment hair samples to provide a month by month view of potential drug use. As a result, this can show if someone has recently stopped taking drugs. Further technical information on hair growth is available from the Society of Hair Testing.
Other options are also available for certain circumstances such as spiking incidents. When you call us, a Clinical Advisor can provide details about this service.
Our laboratory is UKAS 17025 accredited. As a result, all test reports can be used for legal and court purposes. Also, all processes follow ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 14001 standards. In addition, the collection and laboratory analysis follow EWDTS guidelines.
When to use Hair Drug Testing?
Hair Drug testing is ideal in the following circumstances:
- Social Service matters.
- Family Court matters.
- Spiking Incidents.
- Evidence of abstinence.
There is a reason why this test is ideal for the above. It offers a longer and more accurate detection window than urine and saliva drug testing. But If you do need an analysis that covers a short period of time, consider these alternative drug tests:
In addition, we can take extra hair samples for alcohol testing. For instance, we can undertake a Hair Alcohol test in combination with a Blood Alcohol test. As a result, this will also provide an accurate analysis of past alcohol consumption.
Hair Drug Testing is also suitable for the workplace. For example, for specialist agencies or in circumstances that need evidence of abstinence. Or to challenge positive urine drug test results for employment tribunals.
Choosing this test
This test provides the following benefits:
- UKAS 17025 Accredited test.
- Provides the most accurate long-term analysis of an individual’s drug use.
- An Expert Witness Statement provides further understanding of the test report. Thereby, making it especially useful for court cases.
- All processes follow ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 14001 standards.
There are many benefits in using Hair Drug Testing. But there are limitations you must consider.
- It may not pick up single use of drugs.
- Certain hair treatments may reduce the level of the drugs detected.
Hair Drug Test Costs
There are several different factors that influence Hair Drug Test costs. These include:
- Whether you book an appointment at a clinic or opt for the mobile collection service.
- How many drugs you want tested?
- The length of time required for the period of analysis.
- Do you need hair sample segmentation?
Hair Drug Test costs are from only £190. Also, if needed, we can produce an Expert Witness Report from £145. For example, this can provide more detailed information about a result.
We identify each donor at the appointment, using photographic identification. Next, we collect the hair sample. This is then sealed and bar coded. The entire collection process follows strict chain of custody procedures. For instance, you will need to sign consent to have your hair sample tested. Also, you will witness the sample collector tamper proofing your hair sample.
We cut the hair samples using scissors. Or a razor for body hair samples. We can take this from anywhere on the head or body. But we do recommend the use of head hair due to biological factors that influence the hair growth rate. You can speak to a Clinical Advisor to understand the limitations for some types of hair.
Regardless of the hair origin, we only need a small amount of hair for the analysis. This means that the area of collection of hair is usually unnoticeable.
Finally, we will issue your test report within 3 to 5 working days of receiving your sample. Usually, this is only 3 working days. Also, hair drug test costs include the results package.
Hair drug testing is available at our UK clinics. Alternatively, you can request a mobile collection officer to attend your location.
Our Clinical Advisors will guide you through the entire booking. This includes arranging the appointment for you. Furthermore, they will answer any technical questions you have.
All advertised prices are exclusive of VAT