- Instant urine drug testing provides on the spot drug screen results.
- Also, it has an effective drug detection window for the average person of up to *five days.
- A popular choice for random drug screening in the workplace.
- In addition, it is a cost- effective approach to drug testing with fast results.
- Cost per person can be as little as **£40 per person including a breath alcohol test.
- Both on-site and off-site sample collection available.
Please see below for more detailed information about this drug test. Alternatively, please call 0800 988 7107 to speak to a Clinical Advisor.
* Dependant on multiple factors.
** Depends on number of individuals tested.
How does Urine Drug Testing work?
After taking a drug, it enters a person’s bloodstream. Next, the drug transfers from the liver to the bladder. As a result, what remains of the drug gets excreted out of the body through urine.
First, the sample is obtained and collected in the device. The screen within the device is activated automatically. Results of the screen can usually be observed around 2 minutes after activation. Next, the collection officer will read and record the results on the chain of custody document. A non-negative result could be an indication that a metabolite of the drug group may be present in the urine sample. In this case, and if authorised to do so, we will dispatch the same urine sample to the laboratory. As a result, the sample will undergo a urine laboratory drug test. Furthermore, it is important to do this if the results are to be legally defensible.
The screen analysis is undertaken against predetermined cut-off levels for all drugs tested.
The standard panel includes 6 drug groups:
Also, depending on your requirements, we can test more drugs if needed. These include:
Urine Drug Test Process
We perform this test under strict chain of custody protocols. Also, the collection is undertaken by trained and certified sample collection officers. In addition, identification takes place by obtaining official ID such as passport or driving licence. Also, we provide the drug test results at the appointment. Whereby a copy goes to the donor and one going to donor’s organisation/employer, if applicable. Beforehand, the trained collection officer will interpret the analysis from the urine cup. Next, they make a decision on whether the sample needs further analysis at the lab. But, this is depending on authorisation being in place to do so.
The detection window for urine in the system is around 3-5 days depending on the drug. Also, alcohol testing is available in conjunction with this test. For example, a breathalyser screen provides evidential alcohol results.
In addition, the above process is compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 14001. As a result, GDPR compliance is assured.
When to use Urine Drug Testing?
Instant urine drug testing is a cost effective and prompt method of determining recent drug use. Screening results are available within minutes of sample collection. Also, it is a popular testing method for private individuals and business. For instance, within industry and commercial organisations for random or pre-employment drug testing.
Many organisations choose this option as it provides the following benefits:
- Instant screen results providing an early sign of drug abuse. For example, when results are time sensitive and required for quick deployment of personnel
- Cost effective
- Suitable for mass screening of workforce
- Quality device providing reliable initial signs of drug abuse
The Pros and Cons of Urine Drug Testing
There are many benefits in using this test. But there are limitations that you must take into account before deciding if this is the right one for your circumstances.
- Accuracy of the test compared to urine laboratory screen and confirmation testing. The laboratory test is performed in a UKAS 17025 accredited facility when analysing the samples.
- False positive and negatives can occur. We recommend lab analysis for all non-negative results from a POC screen. Only the confirmation testing at the laboratory is legally defensible.
- What if there is a large amount of non-negative test results? In this case, the extra cost to confirm the results may outweigh any initial cost benefits.
- Taking disciplinary action based on POC Test results is not advisable. Instant urine drug testing is not legally defensible due to potential false positives or negatives. Laboratory confirmation testing must be undertaken before making any disciplinary decisions.
- For on-site testing at your location or the workplace, the toilets must be secure.
- The detection period is only short (3-5 days). If you need a longer period of analysis, it may be worth considering hair drug testing.
So there are many things to consider for this option. But this is an effective method of drug testing for certain circumstances. Please speak to our team who will talk you through the pros and cons.
Urine Drug Test Costs
For individual bookings, the instant urine drug test costs are:
- £130 for a clinic appointment
- £145 for a mobile collection
If required, non-negative samples will go for laboratory analysis. This may incur an extra charge.
Also, optional alcohol testing is available in conjunction with this test. There is no extra charge for this. In addition, alcohol samples include either breath or saliva, depending on your needs. All Crystal Health breath alcohol testing is undertaken using Home Office approved breathalysers.
For workplace drug testing, instant urine drug test costs are lower than those above. For instance, per person costs can be as low as £40. Please call to request an official quotation.
Appointments are available for both individuals and business.
If you are a private client, please call 0800 988 7107 and our team will talk you through the process. They will answer any technical questions you might have about this service.
Are you a business and considering implementing a random drug testing programme? If yes, then please call to speak to our team who will outline the options available to you. These will include the option of utilising a drug testing clinic for off-site tests. Or, a mobile collection officer attending your location to perform on-site testing.
All advertised prices are exclusive of VAT.